Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Another Day, Another Dollar, No Power???

Well, life at Supervalu continues right along...untill about 3:00 this afternoon, that is. It was at this point that our power went out. Power?? you ask?? Yes. Power. As in complete darkness minus the floodlights that are supposed to guide us out of the building. While I don't mind not having power, as long as it's during the daytime, when I can still see, this afternoon got to be a little anti productive. I got ALL of my filing done! (Go me!!!! :) ). I also mananged to have a team meeting with my new team, which got me pretty excited for some of the changes that are coming. I think that if you check in 3-6 months from now, you'll see that things are trucking along smoothly. I can't wait!!! In the meanwhile, I have a feeling that it's going to be lots of work, and lots of duplication as we work to merge the two historic companies into the "New Enterprise".

In other news, I had a wonderful time on Sunday with Alex, Max, Nick, Tassy, Adam, and Lisa. We got to grill chicken, be chased by a cheetah (aka Max), and overall, have a fantastic time. I look forward to doing it again soon...I'm hearing rumors about activities around the time of my birthday...which just may be coming up here...(13 days away, but who's counting?). I am happy to report that the giraffe that was drawn just for me by Alex is hanging proudly next to my calendar at work. The boat, that was also lovingly drawn, is getting mailed to Grandma Cathy and Papa Chuck (so that they won't feel left out). :)

Old Chicago continues to grow and change. New servers coming in for the summer, and others leaving for reasons beyond my comprehension... :) I have high hopes for the summer, including the ability to drop my shifts on Sundays...

That's about all I have here, it's muggy out today, so I'm hoping for rain. And now, off to knitting I go!!! I'm hoping that I can actually knit tonight, unlike last week when I got sucked in to conversation and holding the baby (aka Nick). (It may be worth noting here, that for the people who were actually in attendance last week, you will be able to confirm that I was really not sucked in, but rather, volunteered happily and enjoyed every minute of it).

The goals for this week at home are things like scooping out litter boxes, watering plants, running, emptying, and refilling the dishwasher. If I'm really cool, I will even manage to go to the bank and get more quarters...darn laundry...

No comments: